What do South Africans who use, cultivate and trade in the good plant want legal Cannabis to look like?
One of the first buzzwords we learned at the beginning of our campaign was “desired outcomes” and we have been working on these outcomes since 2015.
Fields of Green for ALL is very proud to present our 3rd edit and FINAL DRAFT, ahead of publication early in 2020. The title has now been cured since the first harvest: Cannabis, The People’s Plant – A Full Spectrum Manifesto for Policy Reform.
Nine years of experience has modified this document and the rising tide of international change has helped it along its way. The 2018 “privacy” ruling by the Constitutional Court has made the need for practical regulation all the more real. We trust that you will see some light at the end of the tunnel when reading this final draft and give us your feedback using the form below. This is a manifesto covering all the issues we feel need to be dealt with. It attempts to guard against the new regulations equating to Prohibition 2.0, as is happening around the world, particularly in Canada.
This is the final draft of a uniquely South African solution and it is for you, the South African public, to comment on its contents and be part of the process of finalising our demands. (We are also still working on the final design & layout so please be patient when you spot our typos & basic graphics!)
This updated draft has been compiled by Fields of Green for ALL and the members of The Green Network and it is the responsibility of the authors to see its entry into discussions in parliament in the very near future. However, it is not exclusive to our opinions or desires. We will gladly accept submissions for inclusion wherever appropriate and credit the contributing authors or organisations accordingly. This is not a Fields of Green for ALL solution, it is a uniquely South African solution.
Just like there has never been a Trial of the Plant anywhere in the world, we do not believe there has been a manifesto for policy reform produced anywhere that includes the majority of the population and makes reparations for the harms of prohibition like these do. Now, more than ever, it is really important to stand together to make the voices of people who use, cultivate and trade in Cannabis in South Africa heard, loud and clear.
Cannabis in South Africa – The People’s Plant
- COMPLETING THE FINAL DOCUMENT
- PRINTING AND DISTRIBUTION
- AWARENESS RAISING / EDUCATION AROUND POLICY
- EDUCATING THE LAWMAKERS
- FINDING SPONSORS
- MEMBERSHIP & ONLINE SHOP ORDERS
- WEBSITE CONTACT FORM ENQUIRIES
- FUND RAISING
- THE GREEN NETWORK FORUM & TELEGRAM GROUP
- LOCAL AFFILIATE PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT
- INTERNATIONAL AFFILIATES
- PLATINUM AFFILIATES & MAJOR SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMMES
- ENSURING THE MODEL ENDURES THROUGH LEGALISATION
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
- FORUM GROUP ON TGN
- COMMUNICATION & LEGAL HELP WITH CLUBS
- THE TRIAL OF THE PLANT – ALWAYS IN THE BACKGROUND
- #STOPTHECOPS DAGGA ARREST HELPLINE 24/7
- MANAGEMENT OF LEGACY #JOINTHEQUEUE CASES
- ONGOING POLICE HARASSMENT & BRUTALITY
- EXPUNGEMENT OF CRIMINAL RECORDS
- QUERIES & INTERVIEWS
- @DAGGACOUPLE BRAND
- SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
- YOUTUBE CHANNEL & FGA LOCAL CONTENT MADE BY US
- PARTNERSHIP WITH #HOTBOXSHOW
- D.DAY 4.20 FESTIVAL
- FGA STALL MARKETING MATERIAL
- LOCAL AFFILIATE EVENTS SUPPORT
- PREPARATION, PRESENTATIONS & MANAGEMENT
- FEEDBACK & MAXIMISING THE NETWORK
- EVENT VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
- BE THE BEST SA CANNABIS AMBASSADORS WE CAN BE
- SOUTH AFRICA ON THE INTERNATIONAL CANNABIS & DRUG POLICY MAP
- LOBBYING FOR AN END TO THE COLONIAL MINDSET BY CHAMPIONING OUR LEGACY CANNABIS CULTURE
- INTERNATIONAL AFFILIATE PROGRAMME
- COMMISSION ON NARCOTIC DRUGS, VIENNA, MARCH 2020 – CANNABIS RESCHEDULING
- LOBBYING THE DEPT OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS & COOPERATION (DIRCO)
- MEMBERSHIP PARTICIPATION WITH VIENNA & NEW YORK NGO COMMITTEES
- INFORMATION EXCHANGE WITH INTERNATIONAL ACTIVISTS & JOURNALISTS
- THE AFRICAN UNION – CREATING THE CANNABIS SPACE
- SUPPORT & INFORMATION EXCHANGE WITH OUR AFRICAN NEIGHBOURS
- BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN LEGAL EVIDENCE AND THE REALITY ON THE GROUND
- ACHIEVING REGULATIONS RELEVANT TO OUR SOCIAL CONTEXT
- AN OPPORTUNITY FOR REAL DATA FROM THE ENTIRE LEGALISATION SPECTRUM
- INVOLVING A WIDE RANGE OF STAKEHOLDERS: FROM PARLIAMENT TO THE STREET.
- FUNDING THE SURVEY
2018 Desired Outcomes Roadtrip
Before and since the Constitutional Court’s Cannabis “privacy” ruling, we’ve been busy working in the background publishing and distributing our Fields Of Green For ALL ‘Desired Outcomes’ Cannabis Legalisation Discussion Document.
The first two drafts of the document were 40 page skeletons, setting out the possibilities for the structure of Cannabis Regulations in South Africa. There are many different options being explored, or even implemented, around the world. This has been expanded considerably and we now have the full content ready, outlining the nuts and bolts of a uniquely South African solution. This journey began with our 2018 Desired Outcomes Road Trip and we’ve been “on the road” ever since!