Our last Manifesto Monday release was Section 4: Leaving No-one Behind: Six Mandatory Ethical Principles for Fair Regulations, which begins to answer the question of “How do we go about creating Cannabis laws and policies that we actually want?”
The next section being released today is the most important section of our Manifesto and is called the Full-Spectrum Model for Cannabis Regulation. Our evidence-based framework has taken a more rounded and contextually relevant approach to how the Cannabis industry can be truly unlocked for all South Africans.
In this section we discuss:
- Classifying the Cannabis industry via The 4 Pillars: Constitutional Rights Pillar, Adult Use Pillar, Medical Pillar and Industrial Pillar.
- Mapping out the Cannabis supply chain regulatory model based on The 4 Pillars.
- The importance of acknowledging and including Dagga Private Clubs in Regulations.
- Using a Hub Model to centralise production and allow market access for small-scale rural farmers and the Kasinomic sector in general.
- Minimum Age Use.
- Driving under the influence of Cannabis.
We look forward to our last release of Section 6: Way Forward, which will close off our long awaited re-release of the updated Manifesto.